Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Craft Kits For Kids of All Ages

Since the weather is really starting to change around here and I am spending a lot more time indoors, I am getting anxious to start a new craft project. We have a few new kits that just arrived for the holidays that look really fun to try. There's a Silhouette Art kit that has all of the pieces and instructions for making silhouettes for ornaments, cards, jewelry and family heirlooms:




There is also a fun little embroidery kit for stitching your own baby bib. The owls are so sweet!



But what really caught my eye was this hilarious kit for making Pom Pom Pals, so I thought I would give it a whirl.



It's a little different, but they are so cute I couldn't resist! The idea behind the kit is that I should be able to go from this:



to this:



We'll see what happens. I started my project today and I have to say, it does take some time. This would be a great gift for the kids that will really keep them busy during the holiday break. It's a simple project...basically just start out by wrapping the yarn around the cardboard rings:



Keep wrapping:



Then just a few scissor snips and some strategically placed glue and you have your new little special friend (her name is Pompidou)!



As you can see, she isn't quite finished yet. :) Like I said, it does take some time. I will post pictures when she's done. Maybe she will have a few friends to keep her company, too!

Happy Crafting!
-Amanda


1 comment: