Friday, November 25, 2011

Holiday Gift Tags With Fun Flock

Hi All! I am so happy to share a fun product with you all, Fun Flock embellished gift tags! Do you remember Fuzzy Posters from your childhood? Well, this product is Fuzziness in a jar! Paper Zone carries it in a variety of colors and I want to share a project with you that I made with the red flock.




The supplies needed for this project are the following:

Red Fun FLock, Black Memento ink pad, Quickie Glue Pen, rubber stamp, gift tag (I made my own by cutting white cardstock to 2.5 x 4 inches and snipping 2 edges off.) and Copic Markers (I used BG10 and R46).

Step 1: Stamp you image with the back ink onto the tag. Step 2: With the red Copic marker color in the scarf and hat or where ever you want the flocking to go. This is done to ensur the flocking really stands out and looks solid as some of it will rub-off slightly after application.

Step 3: Using the Cool Shadow Copic Marker color the inside edges of the stamped image to give it some dimension.

Step 4: Using the Quickie Glue Pen apply glue to the red areas where flocking is desired.

Step 5: Pour some flocking over the glue and press down with fingers. This is a similar process as applying glitter, but you want to make sure and press the flocking into the glue to ensure a lot of it stays.

Step 6: Finish off tag by adding an eyelet and ribbon.

Happy Black Friday! As you are out shopping for gifts, don't forget about the wrapping and making the package as memorable as the gift! Making holiday gift tags is one of my favorite holiday traditions, it's something I look forward to every year!




Happy Holidays!


Christina

2 comments:

  1. What a GREAT way to use the flocking. I confess, I recently stocked up on LOTS of colors of the flocking at Michael's & STILL haven't touched it. Tho' it surely looks pretty & colorful in the little lined-up jars - LOL! But NOW I will try it! Thank you for a fun, adorable idea & the tutorial! And HO!HO!HO!from Kai!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great explaination for that i wanted to do something like that for a project at university :D

    ReplyDelete