Happy 4th of July…almost. The 4th of July is definitely my favorite holiday of the year. It has been since I was a kid. The only expectation for the day is to have fun: BBQ, friends, family, and some fireworks if you are lucky.
This cute little pocket bag is perfect to hold poppers or crackers to give to the kids at your 4th of July gathering. It would also be great to hold a host of other treats.
Ingredients for this bag:
1 blue 12x12 for the bag
Red cardstock for stripes
White cardstock for stars
1. Make 3 scores on a 12x12 at 6.5 inches, 6 inches, and then 5.5 inches.
2. Rotate the paper by a 90 degrees, and make 2 scores at 8.5 inches and 4 inches.
3. Crease both of these later scores and apply adhesive to the reverse side along one outside edge. Fold over and seal.
4. Fold the piece in half along the middle score with the sealed side facing out.
Now fold at the two remaining score lines in the opposite direction.
Put a small amount of adhesive in the middle of the inside short edge and adhere both edges together. You should now have your bag.
5. Punch two small holes on each side of the top of the bag.
Cut two 6 inch pieces of ribbon. Knot ribbon (I double knotted it to make it more substantial) on one end.
Thread ribbon through each set of holes and knot the opposite end to make the handles.
6. Cut ½ inch strips of red cardstock to use as stripes.
Place them on the bag and trim.
Adhere with adhesive.
7. Punch out stars from white cardstock
Adhere the stars to the bag.
Fill your bags with goodies!
Happy Crafting and Happy 4th of July