Tuesday, September 6, 2011

New American Crafts Nightfall Collection


Hi Everyone! I am happy to share with you the most
recent offerings from American Crafts, the Nightfall Collection!

I made this card and envelope set and want to show you how easy it was to create.

First I selected the matirials for the card. I chose a few pieces of patterned paper, a Facets card in Terra Cotta and some of the dimensional stickers.


After that I cut down the paper for the background (the blue polka-dot paper) to 4x5.25, rubbed black ink around the edges and mounted it to the a2 Facets card.


Next, I created an embellishment for the card by punched an oval out of the yellow patterned paper and placing one of the dimensional stickers on it.


Then, I cut a strip from another piece of patterned paper to measure 1.5 x 5.25 inches and mounted that to the card before adding the embellishment.


Next, to add a sentiment I stamped "thanks" to a small yellow strip of paper. Then I glued down all the elements to the card.


Then, to spruce up the envelope I wanted to make a liner. This was really easy to do, I just traced the envelope flap onto the paper I wanted to use as the liner. Then cut it out and scored it so that it would fold easier.

Finally I added one of the chalk-board labels to the front of the card to finish it off. These labels are also part of this new collection that just arrived in stores; they are the coolest thing!

Happy (soon to be) Fall!
Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment