Friday, September 30, 2011

GirlFest 2011

Hello PZ Crafters!

I should probably introduce myself (I'm Stephanie) and I am a new blogger for Paper Zone. I began working here in August and have been enjoying every minute of it.

For my first post, I wanted to share my experience at the annual GirlFest event in Seattle. GirlFest is put on by the Girl Scouts of Western Washington and is a great event for girls of all ages to come and have a blast being a girl! At our booth, we did a Make & Take but not just any M&T - fancy, glittery and fun flower pins that were a huge hit!

Check out these creative girls who participated in our GirlsFest M&T...


If you want to make your own flower pin you'll need:



- Pin Backs

- Scrap Paper (different colors)

- Assorted Punches (we used flowers)

- Adhesive or Scrapbooking Adhesive Squares

- Jewel Candy Dots




First:
Cut your adhesive square in half and peel off one side of the square. Then adhere the sticky side on the pin back.

Second: Punch out your paper shapes for your flower pin.


Third: Layer your shapes and glue them together until your design is complete. You can use the adhesive squares or glue. Regular glue works but you will need to be patient and wait for it to completely dry. I suggest a glue stick - it is a good alternative and fast drying. Have fun with layering the shapes - the possibilities are endless!

Fourth: Decorate your flower with jewel candy dots.

Finally:
Peel off the adhesive cover on the opposite side of your square (which should be attached to your pin already) and press your flower creation onto your pin.












Voila! You are finished and have your own flower pin to show off!

Be creative and have fun!

- Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment