Wednesday, May 18, 2011

New Hambly Washi Tape

Hi Everyone! I am so excited to show you the newest product in our stores, washi tape by Hambly!
This product is really versatile, it can be used as an embellishment on cards and scrapbook pages as well as an alternative to traditional gift wrap ribbon. The tape is made from paper and is pretty strong while also being thin and transparent. It is also re-positional on most serfaces!

The first thing I created with this fun tape was a card.
I started by gathering my supplies including white card stock, washi tape, a few stamps, some black ink, a paper trimmer and scoring board.After cutting the card stock down to 8.5 x 5.5 score the paper to create an A2 card measuring 4.25 x 5.5. Then take the washi tape and tear different length pieces. Place tape onto card randomly, laying some on horizontally and some vertically. Then simply stamp desired image over tape.

Here is another card I made using the same technique with a different stamp image: I also used the washi tape with the new banner rub-ons (also from Hambly) to create a scrapbook page.
To get a different look with the tape I pleated the tape as I placed it on the paper.

This gave me a feminine, ruffled look I was going for.
Next I applied some rub-ons to the top of my page. I like to cut the images out of the rub-on sheet before applying it to my project just to make sure I don't accidentally apply more designs.
With a few photos and some letter stickers for a title, my page is complete! How easy was that?And because I couldn't get enough of the tape, I had to make one more card! On this card I applied a rub-on onto a small piece of washi tape.
Really, this is my favorite product in our stores right now. You can do so much with it! Look at what Molley in Bellevue made:She used the tape to decorate small gift boxes as well as creating the cutest little pennant banner!

Hurry into Paper Zone and buy this tape, I have a feeling it is going to sell fast!

Happy Crafting,
Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment