Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Father's Day Cards

Hi Everyone








Father's Day is the weekend, which means it is time to make some Father's day cards. We had a card making contest for the associates here at paperzone, and there were a couple that used the origami men's shirt for their card by just scaling down the size of the paper a little. Instead of using and 8.5x11 sheet of paper, I used a 6x8.5 sheet of paper. Since I really like to personalize the cards I make, I thought it would be fun to bring out the personal styles for the men I was making cards for, my dad and my husband.
The first card I made is for my dad. My dad lives in Arizona and is always wearing Southwestern Style clothing. I haven't seen him in a traditional tie for years, so I figured a bolo tie was going to have to be incorporated into it.


Product for this card;

Basic Grey 12x12, Max and Wiskers - Hercules
Basic Grey Brads, Cappella Stitched Brads
Morex Rattail Ribbon - Black
Making Memories - Small black brads




Next was my husband. I usually see these shirts created as button ups with or without a tie. Well, my husband will only wear a tie if he absolutely has to, and is more inclined to wear a Polo. Therefore, I decided to tranform the shirt into a polo. It wasn't reall very difficult. Insead of having a middle crease, I only folded the paper at 1.5 inches from the width on each side. Then for a little more color, I used a small strip of the coordinating 12x12 color for the placket and a cuff on the sleeves.

Product for this card

Basic Grey 12x12, Max and Whiskers - Mittens
Making Memories - Small silver brads.

I had fun making these simple cards and loved that I could personalize them so much.
Happy Crafting
Sandra



No comments:

Post a Comment