Monday, May 3, 2010

Creative Giving

Hello Everyone, Kim here. I recently took a tour of the Seattle area stores and I fell in love with Paper Zone all over again. We have an endless amount of fun product and our Associates are so creative I'm continually amazed at the things they come up with.

When I was at the Shoreline store I was able to test the new Shimmer Spray which was pretty darn cool. I almost want to put some in my purse to jazz up random paper I come across ("here you can have your menu back, it shimmers now"). And while we were there, the store received loads of new goodies from Stampendous. There were all sorts of colors of Fun Flock and a line of stickers that have a felt texture and a sophisticated design that had me oohing and ahhing as they were coming out of the box.

I have to say the one thing that mystified me were the clear pails. The Associates were SO excited to get them and I just kind of scratched my head and said "huh". But over the last couple of days, I have been yet again amazed by how fun and creative our product can be. The Tacoma store created these two gift ideas using the clear pails and I have to say they are fabulous. Personally when I receive a gift, I'd rather have something from the heart than something that is expensive and I always love giving more than receiving. Putting together some gift baskets like the two shown looks equally fun for the giver as for the receiver. I had challenged the stores to show me that pails can be fun and creative and they came through. You also MUST check out Portland's creation on their blog: http://pdxpaperzone.blogspot.com/2010/04/pails-in-comparision.html

So, now I challenge you: how can you make a pail fun and creative? Maybe a special mother in your life would like a gift, from the heart, and in an interesting new "wrap". Have fun, be creative and enjoy! --Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment