Saturday, May 22, 2010

Max & Whiskers

As an animal lover since the beginning of time and new dog owner, I have to say, I'm really excited about a new line of paper from Basic Grey...Max & Whiskers! I never really got into dog stuff very much before I actually had a dog of my own. It's amazing how your taste completely changes once you are around them all of the time. Despite the barking and chewing and wet dog smell (we get a lot of that in Seattle), she has truly become a special part of our family. Here's a picture in case you're interested:


Anyway, Max & Whiskers... This is one of the most fun animal lines I've seen in a while, plus there's lots of my two favorite colors, orange and blue. The papers are really cute and there are stamps, chipboard stickers, and other embellishments to match. Basic Grey always does nice job of putting all of the pieces together. I also like that it represents a large range of the pet population in case you aren't into dogs...cats, fish, bunnies, turtles...



One of our favorite members of the Paper Zone team is, sadly, leaving us at the end of this week, so I put together a little Thank You card for her. An ameteur attempt compared to what she could do, but this is how it turned out:


In addition to the Max & Whiskers papers, I thought I would try playing around with another new item in our store, Fun Flock. Basically it adds a little fuzzy texture to your project and can be applied fairly simply with a little bit of glue. I mixed it with a little glitter to make it pop a bit more (it's all of the blue you see). There are so many fun things to play with already and they just keep coming up with more! What will be next?
Happy Crafting! Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment