Thursday, May 20, 2010

Eat More Cake!

I just LOVE the new party stuff we have... my favorite is this:This past weekend was my Mother-In-Law's 60th Birthday. In honor of her special day our family got to spend the weekend at the beach. I have been waiting to use the fun party napkins and plates and this weekend was the perfect opportunity! I also wanted to make a banner to add to the Birthday cheer!
Here's what I made:
It was SUPER easy! First I gathered my supplies (paper, scissors, glue, a paper trimmer, ribbon and a Crop-a-Dile). Next I cut the pennant pieces (the white base) with my paper trimmer.


Next I cut the trim and letters. I chose to cut them free hand because I wanted a fun doodle-like feel to the banner. You could also use some fun letter stickers or print some letters from your computer.


After gluing everything together I punched holes with my Crop-a-Dile before stringing the ribbon.
This was a really quick project that anyone could make... It would be super fun to do with kids!

I have seen a lot of banners others have made, here are a few of my favorites:
This one has a cool vintage vibe, this one is a mini one on a scrapbook page, and This one is really creative!
I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Happy Crafting! Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment