Friday, July 9, 2010

Chalk Art

I had the chance to visit the beautiful city of Victoria, B.C. for the first time last weekend and as I was enjoying the sun and strolling down their quaint little streets, what was I thinking of? Paper Zone. That's right, PZ. That is because one night we came upon a street that had some washed out chalk images that were absolutely amazing. Unfortunately some time had passed and most of the drawings were faded and almost entirely gone, but they photographed amazingly well. And as soon as I saw them I thought about Paper Zone, partly because it coincided with our kids craft month featuring sidewalk chalk and I had asked the stores to see what wonderful creations they could come up with (see Seattle's awesome rendition of the PZ logo). And also, because it reminded me of the paper cow I blogged about a few days ago. Inspiration took these artists over and they knew that their end result would wash away in the rain, but they took the time to share their vision and creativity. And the only thing they needed to create such beauty was chalk and a sidewalk. Beautiful.

Enjoy the sunshine everyone! --Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment