Monday, July 12, 2010

Wedding Countdowns

It seems like a lot of my friends are in wedding mode this month, I keep hearing countdowns to wedding dates and final to-do's being checked off of checklists. We are off to celebrate one of my best friend's bachelorette parties over in Lake Chelan this weekend and I can't wait to just relax and enjoy the sunshine with my girlfriends. Since weddings are in the air this month, I wanted to show you the new scrapbook line from American Crafts, rightfully named the "I Do" collection. I'm in love with the simple and sophisticated prints on these papers.

My favorite part of the collection are the adorable embellishments - they're just so much fun with all the different textures and materials. These little felt stickers are so simple and elegant. I can imagine these being hot glued to a bobby pin to create a little hair clip, or even glued to a pin to create a decorative brooch to secure (and add a little pizazz) to a plain summer sweater. And the Flair buttons are the perfect way to add some depth and pop to a card - I think my friends will be receiving some handmade wedding cards, I'll share them with you once I create them!















I actually bought some of these Flair buttons around the holidays last year and they made for perfect little wine tags for my stemless wine glasses. I gave all my friends a button when they walked in the door to stick to their glass and it worked perfectly and made for a nice, festive addition. Cheers to everyone who is getting married (or helping someone plan a wedding) this summer! --Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment