For this project you will need:
- 3x5 notepad (only $0.59 each!)
- 12x12 cardstock paper (double-sided works best so that both the inside and outside are decorative; you can make 4 notepads out of each 12x12!)
- Scor-it-All Board
- Paper cutter
- Adhesive (ATG is my favorite!)
- Magnet tape with adhesive (only $1.29 for a 30 inch roll!)
- Any embellishments you may want to add (rub-ons, jewels, letter stickers, etc.
Follow these simple steps:
- Cut a 12x12 sheet of cardstock into 4 strips, each measuring 3” x 12”.
- Using the Scor-it-All Board, score at 1 ½ ” , then at 1 7/8”.
- Starting from the other side, score again at 4 11/16” and at 5 1/16”.
- Fold all scores, pressing firmly to make sure you have a nice indent.
- Put adhesive on the middle section and the small section you scored closest to the long end.
- Attach a 3x5 notepad. The adhesive will attach the cardboard back and top of the scratch pad to the decorative paper. Press firmly to make sure it attaches well.
- Using the magnet tape with adhesive, cut two small, equal pieces.
- Attach one to the front of the largest section of the notebook.
- Before removing the adhesive of the second piece of magnet, stick it to the first piece (magnet to magnet). Remove the adhesive backing and fold up the little flap to adhere. This way, the magnet pieces will be lined up.
You can embellish if desired. I attached a vellum strip printed with each classmate’s name for the class party favors. I just put them in a Polypro bag, tossed in some Shredz, added a pencil, a few pieces of candy, and topped it off with a piece of decorative and curling ribbon and they were adorable! (And less than $1.00 each!) On other ones I have made, I added adhesive pearls, cardstock stickers, and letter stickers. So many possibilities! --Sarah, Tacoma Store