Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Day 13: Holiday Party Picks



Materials you'll need:
- Dress Template
- Cardstock/Assorted Papers
- Ruler
- Colored pens
- Scissors
- Adhesive or Paper Tape
- Dowel or plastic pick


Optional Materials:
- Shimmer Spray
- Flocking



Step 1:
Start with your template. Cut out some red cardstock in the shape of your template. I've used a lovely astro bright but there are also some great options from American Crafts.



Step 2:
Once you have the shape. Use a straight edge to create the black belt at the waist.



Step 3:
Then use a white pen (I've gone with the Uniball gel pen but there are, again, lots of options) to create the white edging on the dress.
For fun I added white flocking to the dress.





Step 4:
The final touch on the dress detailing is a gold buckle (again with a Uniball gel pen).

Step 5:
The next step is adding the pick. Use shimmer spritz to color a trimmed down dowel/pick. I have tried to hold the dowel in between two of the dress forms but it never really looked right to me so I use a little bit of Hambly paper tape to hold the dowel in place.






Enjoy!
~Bellingham

1 comment: