Friday, November 12, 2010

Letterpress to Die Cut

My new favorite tool just keeps getting better! I recently invested in the Epic 6 Letterpress machine. Usually I am pretty frugal when it comes to craft purchases, but I had so much fun testing out this machine, I had to have one for myself. I have been happily printing thank you cards and other miscellaneous things the past few weeks and absolutely loving it. I finally decided to test out the cutting feature on this machine-yes, it die cuts too! The combo kit comes with a set of various sized circle dies, but I managed to get my hands on some samples of some upcoming holiday designs as well. To test these out, I decided I would make a collection of gift tags, because you can never have too many gift tags. :) It's easy to get started with the tools below:


Just place your dies cutting side up on the gray cutting platform, then place your sheet of paper front side facing down over the dies. Place the cutting mat over the top and crank it through the machine. It's that easy.



The result is a perfectly clean cut, even when using extra heavy weight cardstock. I used some beautifully printed cardstock (approximately 100# cover) from Envelopments to create the little pocket tag below.



Another great die that will be part of the upcoming holiday release are these snowflakes below (also cut from 100# cover). I absolutely love these!



There is also a wonderful set of nesting trees, a kit to make snowmen, and many other holiday inspired themes. The possibilities for cards, gift tags and all kinds of other decor are endless. Here's how my gift tags turned out:


Look for these dies along with new holiday letterpress plates to arrive next week!

Happy Crafting!

Amanda

1 comment:

  1. I am going to go try this right this instant! What a cool machine.

    ReplyDelete