Saturday, November 27, 2010

Christmas Treats

Every year a few of my family members and friends get together for a cookie exchange. There are 8 of us that will participate this year. Each of us has to make 48 cookies or treats and pack them up in 6's. Then we all trade so each of us ends up with 8 different kinds of goodies to last us through the weeks leading up to Christmas. This year I decided to do rum balls. I've tried a few different recipes, but I always come back to this one beacuse it's so easy and they turn out so good!

Rum Balls

6oz (1 cup) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup rum
3 tbsp. corn syrup
2 cups crushed vanilla wafers
1 cup ground walnuts
extra sugar to roll the balls in

Melt the chocolate in a sauce pan. Once melted, add the sugar, rum and corn syrup. Combine until well-mixed. Remove from heat and fold in the crushed wafers and walnuts. Once cooled, form into balls and roll in granulated sugar. Such a simple recipe!


I decided to be fancy with my packaging this year, so I used these cute little treat bags from Meri Meri. The reindeer is my personal favorite!




Add a glass of egg nog and you have the perfect holiday treat! I love this time of year!

Happy Holidays Everyone! - Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment