Friday, November 19, 2010

Shadow Box Ornament

We recently ran a tree decorating contest in our stores... We ended up with really beautifully decorated trees. One of my favorites was a shadow box ornament created by Hue in Shoreline. As soon as I saw it I knew I had to make my own! Below is the step-by-step on how to create a shadow box ornament.

Step 1:
Gather ornament supplies. You will need paper (I used 12x12s from Basic Grey's Jovial line), scissors, glitter glue and a two piece jewelry box (You can find EVERYTHING at Paper Zone!) Step 2:
Take the fuzzy stuff that comes inside the box and tear it apart. You will use this as the snow that the deer sits in.
Step 3:
Cut a piece of paper you want to use a background (I used one that looked like snow falling!) and glue it to the back of the inside of the box.


Money saving tip: You can get two ornaments out of each box, simply use the lid for one and the box for the other!

Step 4:
Cut your favorite deer out of the 12x12 "Nordic" piece of paper.

Step 5:
Glitter your deer up with glitter glue.

Step 6:
Place the cut-out deer into the fluffy "snow" and glue it into the box.

Step 7:
Attach a ribbon or string to the back of the box and hang your ornament on your tree!


Wasn't that easy? After making this cute deer shadow box I started thinking about all the other things I could place into a snow scene... I'm thinking a snowman would be cute!

Happy Ornament Making!
Christina

Note: You can dress up the outside of the box using wire ribbon and paper similar to the ornament featured on our Facebook wall. This ornament, and a dozen fabulous other ideas, are hanging on the gorgeous tree in our Shoreline store if you want to stop by and see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment