Monday, November 8, 2010

Sublime Stitching

Hi Everyone

At a recent visit to one of our stores, I was checking out all the gifts ideas that we have and saw this embroidery stencil book. I haven't done any embroidery for a very long time, but something about it struck me as something I was going have to give a try. I am now stitching up a storm.

There are over 75 different stencils in the book. The stencils can be reused up to about 9 times, and there are also some easy-to-follow instructions included in the craft pad, if you are not sure how to apply the stencils. (I have used the same stencil now 4 times, and it is still working!)


In order to start this project, I did need a few extra items from a craft store. I had to get some cotton towels, and embroidery ring, some embroidery floss, and embroidery needles. You can also use pillow cases, bibs, napkins, or really anything cotton to stitch on.

As I had previously mentioned, it had been a while since I had done any embroidery work, so I started with a practice piece of material. It really only took about a half hour in order for me to get the hang of it. The patterns are not too difficult, and the most challenging aspect is getting the stitches to be uniform, which is really just a patience.

This is the finished first project I was working on. I made two matching dishtowels. My kitchen is red and white, hense the red cake plate!Happy Crafting

Sandra

2 comments:

  1. Cute, what other patterns are in the book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are quite a few. I am working on a fairy right now. There are also fish, birds, superheros, tatoos, cats, dogs, and a gypsie. If you go to http://www.sublimestitching.com/patterns/all, you can see some samples of the designs. Sandra

    ReplyDelete